The Fringe Street Art Project
The creatives are alive and well, resisting against the monoculture of malls and blank walls.
Keep your eyes open for colour, yarn bombing, installations, sculpture, and street performance around the town and along the river paths. Something is growing in Claudelands Park and who is Knitting Nancy in Garden Place?
- Knob Ends- Yarn bombing in Garden place and Victoria Street by Meg Daisy
- Municipal pools fence- Free to be crafted during the fringe
- A Giant Knitting Nancy- Interactive installation by Lisa Lye. Located in the Hamilton City library from 5th March and in Garden Place on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 1pm
- Eliza Webster’s mural at Ward Street Arts building (pending council permission)
- Chenoa Murdoch’s mural at The Meteor car park (pending council permission)
- Byra McLachlan’s mural on River road/ Myrtle Street bridge (pending council permission)
- ‘A Logophile at Large in The City of Thieves’ by Steff Christie. Look out for word art free for stealing
- Hamilton East- Secret fairy art by Nature worshipers